Our White Oak soap dish extends the life of your favorite natural and organic soap by allowing it to dry between uses. The grooves allow water to drain away and air to circulate around the soap. The closed cellular structure of White Oak makes it water, weather, and rot-resistant.
– Made from White Oak locally sourced, milled and handcrafted right here in Ohio
– A solid piece of White Oak – no glues, stains or preservatives
– Deep ridges keep natural soap dry between uses
– White Oak, used in shipbuilding, wine barrels, and whiskey barrels, is very durable and is resistant to decay–unlike pine
- The high level of tannin’s in oak also help prevent bacterial growth
A few words about Oak Tannin’s: Tannin have been used as a natural vegetable dye for centuries. The natural tannin in oak may react with the water or soap and cause the soap deck to darken with use. The natural tannin may also darken the soap.
We have sold thousands of our white oak soap decks over the past 15 years with no problems. However, we have been told by a few customers that the wet oak tannin stained countertops.
Soap Deck Dimensions: 4 in wide x 3.25 in deep x .75 in high